AccessUserGroups.org was founded by Access MVPs Juan Soto and Ben Clothier in order to foster virtual Access user groups nationwide.
Why Virtual Groups?
Sometimes it is not feasible to have a local Access group in every metropolitan area, or there are not enough people in close proximity who speak the same language interested in Access. Using this site, anyone can start a virtual user group and get started with online meetings right away!
What happens during the meeting?
Anything really. We encourage chapters to have a main topic, presented by either a member or a guest, (invite me!), and have a formal agenda with Q&A and Random Access questions. Keeping your meetings under two hours, having interesting topics each month and fostering discussions will keep your chapter alive and well. Here is a sample agenda:
- Welcome and introduction by Chapter President or representative
- Discuss meeting agenda
- Make any announcements regarding the chapter
- Introduce the main speaker and topic
- Present the main topic
- Q&A with speaker on topic
- Random Access Questions: If there is time, allow audience to discuss any topic or question they wish with the group. (Random Access Questions was a concept we first heard about at the Chicago Access Users Group, CAUG.com)
- Discuss next meeting agenda, if there is one, and close.
How to get started
We recommend you attend a chapter meeting first to get the feel of it, then consider starting your own chapter. Chapters can be built around a language, (Access Latino), or an interest, SQL Server with Access. Whatever approach you take, we are here to help you get started!
Get the tools you need!
Each chapter receives:
- Their own personalized site: You will be able to blog, have a chapter calendar, and promote your chapter with your own Google optimized site.
- Each chapter will receive up to 25 Microsoft Office 365 E3 accounts, (comes with a FREE license of Office 2013!), courtesy of our sponsor Office365!
- Support from Juan and Ben, as needed, to get the word out and your chapter off the ground!
Ready to get started?
Visit our contact page and drop us a line! Click here.