Advanced topic on how to configure Access to work with a cloud hosted SQL Server. During this session we will discuss pitfalls to avoid and optimization techniques in order to get Access working great even if the data is web hosted.
• What to avoid doing when your data is in the cloud, sometimes perception is as important as reality
• What speed standard should you shoot for and how can it be achieved? (overcoming web latency)
• How to avoid using JET or ACE engine in queries and in your code. (Hint: Maximize the use of SQL
• Advanced TSQL techniques for the Access developer.
• SQL Server Security Best Practices, because you never know who might be listening…
=== MEETING DETAILS ===
We meet every second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm CDT.
To join our meeting, please use the following link and phone number or use your computer’s speakers with audio:
Join by Phone
Toll number: +1 (872) 703-5321
Conference ID: 8028922